Part Time Experienced Teacher for EnkindleVillage School
Enkindle Village School is the first democratic school in North Queensland. It is unique in design, co-located on the James Cook University Douglas campus, Townsville, and will have an ongoing collaboration with the University’s College of Arts, Society and Education. The school’s vision is that all children have the ability to be capable and free-thinking contributors of their world when offered a voice and choice in learning; incorporating our key values of autonomy, liberty, joy, connection and innovation.
At Enkindle Village School our philosophy of education is founded on democratic principles, with the belief that people affected by a decision should have a voice in that decision. At our school children are encouraged to explore their interests at their own pace, in their own way. We facilitate the development of independence and self-management, working closely with children and families to create a place where everyone feels heard and understood.
The school will be small by design with fluid and flexible multi-age classrooms. Over the next few years our School will be slowly growing in size. We plan to follow our first cohort all the way through to Year 12, adding an additional 15 students each year as we go. As part of our philosophy to give students a more individualised learning experience, we also plan to increase our number of Teachers and keep our ratios low.
• As an experienced teacher you will have a passion for child-centered education.
• You will be an experienced teacher, with an interest in progressive pedagogy and a deep understanding of child development theories.
• You will assist the school towards its intended direction and strive to incorporate the school’s core values in all areas.
• Able to get your hands dirty, bringing joy and energy to the classroom.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the community, parents and other staff.
• Genuinely finds joy supporting children’s growth and discoveries.
• Values the importance of community in child development.
• Has a passion for democratic education and attaining the philosophy of the School.
• A rich and varied life experience would be looked upon favourably.
• Patient, compassionate and understanding.
• Appreciates the interconnectedness of all things and the importance of all relationships.
• Creativity is essential with the desire to progress education and innovative pedagogy.
• Honesty, integrity and transparency is vital in all dealings.
• Ability to work within the team, and proven interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to promote flexibility with students; and to provide encouragement for students to explore their passions and interests.
• Enthusiastic about the exciting challenge that lies ahead, and are prepared to embark on this journey with initiative, creativity and ability to think outside the box.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Tertiary Qualification in Primary Education
• Current registration as a Primary teacher in QLD
• Must have appropriate Working With Children Checks
• Enkindle Village School has a commitment to safe and supportive work practices and candidates will be subject to a teacher registration check, a police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidates’ eligibility to engage in activities including children.